2. One of the positive messages I received this week in regards to this small level of activism was from one of my internet heroes Ryan James Yezak. Ryan is a filmmaker based in the US and is preparing to make a film called Second Class Citizens chronicling the oppression of the rainbow community in America. He is the genius behind internet parodies California Gays and Only Gay In The World. Check out this teaser for his documentary:
3. This week I was reminded how lovely it is to have fresh flowers around! Nothing like waking up to lilac roses to remember there IS beauty in this world.
4. Lady Gaga announced her confirmed tour dates for The Born This Way Ball that will see her performing in New Zealand on June 7th at Vector Arena. Excited doesn't even begin to explain how this make me feel!
If you are a Pinterest user check out my Gagaspiration board that I will be filling up over the coming months as friends and I plan costumes (and let me know if you need a Pinterest invitation!)
5. This quote is gold:
"Fashion, with its affinity for transformation, can act out instability and loss but it can also, and equally, stake out the terrain of "becoming" - new social and sexual identities, masquerade and performativity."
- Caroline Evans, 2003
6. My friend Nathan cheered me up this week with a plethora of "go you" kind of songs. Here is his number one:
7. I'm halfway through transforming a pair of sand shoes into a glitter spectacle. Here is a sneaky peak: