Photo: Birthday dumplings at Barilla / Emma Gleason
I didn't realize how busy this week was until I sat down to write this post! Here goes:
1. Dumplings at Barilla on Dominion Road are BOSS. Katherine took me out for a belated birthday dinner on Monday and we ate like champions. 80 dumplings between four people? Easy.
2. Maaike + Co opened their store in St Kevin's Arcade on K Road this week and on Wednesday night they had a party to celebrate. Epic threads, incredible hospitality and a super cool space. My favorite New Zealand shoes Chaos&Harmony are stocked here! Check them out this week!
Photo: At Zambesi, Tyler Street / Max Lemeshenko / Snapstarlive.com
3. Zambesi have moved to Tyler Street in Auckland's CBD and they also hosted a party this week. Their new space is super slick and with everything on one floor it feels like the store goes on forever #bestfeeling. Such fun to chatter with fashion friends after a long week... I wish every weekend started with a drink at Zambesi!
4. I FINALLY ate at Mexico. Every time friends and I have tried to get a table the universe has not aligned until Friday after Zambesi. Quesadillas+Sangria+Guacamole= A cheap and fabulous time.
Photo: Thistle et moi at Flagship
5. The kids from Flagship hosted their first club party on Saturday at Cassette. They also hosted "Mariah's Vagina Pre-Party" at their workspace earlier in the evening complete with video projections of Mariah Carey video clips. So fun to see so many glittertastic costumes! Totally wicked.
6. My new Jeffery Campbell Glitter Litas got a workout on Saturday night. All my boasting about how comfortable they are and how I could dance for hours came back to haunt me. I think I lasted till about 2am! Epic dancing with fabulous friends.
7. There are some great people in this world. Sometimes it takes a bit of searching and sometimes they just turn up. Hold onto 'em when you find them!