Image: My babelicious Rita on her wedding day// Sean Craig Photography
1. My dear friend Rita got married on Saturday and it was pretty special to see her bursting with so much giddy love. In chatting with old acquaintances I was reminded of how quite spectacular my life is. I always find it quite hard to answer "What have you been up to?" without sounding condescending or weird. The tall poppy in me wants to scream from the rooftops all of the wicked things I have been able to do lately but the self deprecating Kiwi in me knows it can be seen as being boastful. We need to celebrate success!
2. My colorist is on holiday till mid New Zealand Fashion Week. That means I'll need TWO colours while she is away... #stress. On a more positive note I am currently sporting a very dashing shade of turquoise hair at the moment :-) The grainy snap above is a wee peak of my new colour with my lovely Jess and Kat.
3. New life goal: Give a Ted Talk. Hey TedxAuckland! Do you want a dynamic gender diverse person who has an incredible stage presence to present at your 2012 event? Call me!
Image: I miss the TTC! Snapped in '07 outside the Eaton Centre
4. Happy (belated) Canada Day! July 1st marks Canada's national holiday and I can't think of anywhere else that I would have wanted to be yesterday than at the Pride Toronto Parade. I miss that big dirty/amazing/scary/delicious/inspiring city. Someone get me on a plane there PLEASE? I would love a holiday!
5. If you need a little bit of internetspiration check this video by Michael Marantz that my fave Canadian Casie Stewart posted on her amazing blog:
6. It is 1.21am and I have been watching the live Dior feed and it has just freaked out... Desperately waiting for pictures but check out this first shot of the MILLION FLOWERS that cover the 5 salons that the official Dior twitter account posted pre show. #IDIE.
7. Write down a dream. Put it somewhere where you see it everyday. It is amazing how when our eyes are open we see little ways of achieving that goal EVERYWHERE. Go on. Try it!