Image: Posing for a What I Wore Today picture next to the rad M.A.C lockers
Welcome to NZFW Day 2! Eight shows were on the schedule today and many were lengthy affairs. Large collections and multiple designers per show have left my eyes a little overwhelmed. Here are a few thoughts....
1. At the Blue Sky show this morning Twenty Seven Names showed a super cute collection complete with Jelly Sandals. I loved these three prints and colourways:
Images: Twenty Seven Names via TV3
A big highlight of the day was seeing Jelly Sandals on the runway. My best friend in primary school had every single colour and I never had a pair. Major childhood jealousy.
2. After Instagraming my need for a pair of Jellys for summer my friend Juliet directed me to Jellybeans who make both little and big sizes! Think I will order navy and pink!
Jellybeans include a description for all of their colours and I'm giggling going through them all:
Pinkalicious.You wear pink on Wednesdays. Enough said.
Blueberries.You are a fence sitter who is not ready to admit to being a hipster. These will go great with your vintage denim.
Licorice.The ultimate statement of dissatisfaction. You don't have time to think about your outfit. Black goes with everything, including your soul.
Ghosties.You are often found looking absent-mindedly into space. You have the memory of a sieve. You'll have a shower when you look at your feet and notice that they are dirty.
Image: FTM and Fuck The Masses by Demonic Intent via The A List
3. When you see the letters "FTM" what do you think? In the New Generation show this text flashed across a tee and I immediately turned to Phlossy who was sitting next to me with an awesomely gendered grin on my face! My first thought was "Female to Male" but then the next tee read "Fuck The Masses". So maybe not...
4. Kids on the runway at the NZ Weddings show. Even the toughest fashion face beams when little ones enters the mix. People clap, people smile, everyone is happy.
5. Trelise Cooper had not only a light up invitation, a light up goodie bag and a set that sparkled with lots of tiny lights but she had light up dresses! Still hunting for a good picture so will post on the book face when I find.
6. Great conversations with people I admire. It sounds corny but those moments are ones you have to treasure. Feeling exhausted but energized by a few lovely chats today.
I'm worried I'm loosing my voice!
Really can't think of anything for this section. Corny again but I love this life. I love our industry, I love our creatives and I love connecting about life through clothes. Big fashion love puddle.
Did you tune into TV3 for coverage of the shows as they hit the catwalk? Check out all the videos in the box above for on demand viewing *:-)